Wherever I travel in the world, I make the effort to buy locally made souvenirs and support local people. At the very least I make sure I buy a gift that is actually made in the country I am visiting.
In response to this question I saw on trip advisor – where is the “Best place for affordable souvenirs made in England”?
Wherever you travel in the world, please make the effort to buy locally made souvenirs and support local people. At the very least make sure you buy a gift that is actually made in the country you are visiting.
10 reasons for giving British made gifts this Christmas:
- Helping preserve the future of British manufacturing and craftsmanship.
- You know where what you are buying is coming from.
- You are preserving and creating jobs for British workers.
- You are bestowing a gift that does not have a massive carbon footprint.
- It gives you the chance to buy something of quality that will last.
- You are encouraging others to buy British.
- You are helping people to realise that we do still make many wonderful things in the UK.
- You are being patriotic.
- British factories have ethical hygienic production, fair wages & decent working conditions.
- You are helping ensure future security of supply.
Manufacturing in the UK allows companies to control supply, guarantee quality, offer flexibility and to be ethical and environmentally sound. Please support UK industry by buying British.