In my quest to find the perfect notebook, I have decided the ones below are the world’s best notebooks. It’s down to personal choice of course and your particular requirements at the time. I’ve tried to think about cost, quality (and in particular paper quality), looks, size (whether you need something lightweight and fairly small and slim or something larger with more space) and what I want from a notebook at the moment. Although was meant to be a kind of ‘top 10’ notebooks, there are more than 10 and the order does not really matter as these are all great British made notebooks.
British made menswear, British made womenswear, British made children’s clothes. Clothing made in the UK.
This article on British made clothes is very comprehensive – please give it a few seconds to load. You may wish to use ‘find on page’ to help you look for something in particular.
I sense a revival of British clothes manufacturing. Much has gone, but there is still a fantastic choice of British made clothes out there, whether you want to spend a lot or not very much money.
Here you can find links and information, in no particular order, about British made clothes, for men, women and children. This article is ongoing and I will add to it when I discover more British clothes manufacturers and suppliers. Only companies that actually make or supply clothes made in the UK will be featured here, not simply companies that used to make clothes in the UK or are just selling clothes in the UK. The products I list here are genuinely made in the UK, not simply labelled to imply British heritage or manufacture.
House of Hackney are a luxury lifestyle brand founded in London in 2010. Despite the words “made in England” emblazoned across the top of their front website webpage, please note that not everything they sell is made in England! However, a lot of it is and this site is well worth a look around. Some products are quite expensive though I warn you. I mean who in the right mind would pay £148 for a cushion!
- House of Hackney clothing for men and women is all made in the UK (albeit in at least some cases using foreign milled fabric).
- House of Hackney furniture is all made in England (except their tray tables).
- House of Hackney crockery and glassware is made in England, as are their oven clothes, tea towels, aprons, table mats and coasters, tea cosies and trays. Note they cutlery is foreign made.
- House of Hackney fabrics and wallpaper are made in England.
- House of Hackney cushions are made in England.
- House of Hackney lighting is made in Wales or Northern Ireland. Their candle holders and book ends are made in England, as are their curtains and blinds and their plant pots.
- House of Hackney wash-bags and towels are foreign made.
- House of Hackney bathroom accessories are made in England.
The modern traveller, hiker or person about town can still carry or ship the right bag or luggage; a British-made bag, rucksack, suitcase or trunk. In no particular order, here are some great British made bags, handbags, rucksacks, suitcases, wallets, pouches and trunks.
It should be a relatively simple matter to buy Mugs, Pottery, China and Glass Ware made in the UK. British pottery is the best in the world and some of the industry still survives today. That said you’ll have to shop around, use the internet, and look carefully at back stamps for the words ‘Made in England’ or similar as a lot of pottery for sale on the high street these days is foreign made.