Still time for those last minute British made Christmas gifts – see http://wp.me/p2KOue-1ne – Buy UK made presents. #BritishChristmas
I just came across this very well written article – enjoy.
In our long and proud history many heroic Englishmen have held the hopes of the nation proudly on their shoulders.
Warriors such as Nelson, Wellington, and Bader have inspired stories of incredible bravery and courage. Whereas politicians like Wilberforce and Churchill have secured their place in legend.
Fiction though has thrown up figures who embody many of the traits the English hold dear in their hearts – integrity, resourcefulness, and of course the ubiquitous stiff-upper-lip. Like many heroes they succeed where lesser mortals would falter, and create an image of how we would all like to be. Others have the ability to stoically endure the hardships and utter confusion of this life, something many of us struggle to emulate.
So here’s a list of my top five fictional Englishman…let me know if you think differently.
Where would lovable idiot Berty Wooster be without the redoubtable Jeeves? As the…
View original post 706 more words
10 reasons for giving British made gifts this Christmas:
- Helping preserve the future of British manufacturing and craftsmanship.
- You know where what you are buying is coming from.
- You are preserving and creating jobs for British workers.
- You are bestowing a gift that does not have a massive carbon footprint.
- It gives you the chance to buy something of quality that will last.
- You are encouraging others to buy British.
- You are helping people to realise that we do still make many wonderful things in the UK.
- You are being patriotic.
- British factories have ethical hygienic production, fair wages & decent working conditions.
- You are helping ensure future security of supply.
Manufacturing in the UK allows companies to control supply, guarantee quality, offer flexibility and to be ethical and environmentally sound. Please support UK industry by buying British.